Greetings from Resilient Africa Network (RAN)
RAN under Makerere University, College of Health Sciences – School of Public health is pleased to announce a Grants Call – Resilience Innovation Challenge 4 Adverse Climate Effects (RIC4ACE) at grants.ranlab.org/.
The RIC4ACE call for grants focuses on the sourcing, development and scaling of innovative technologies and approaches that will strengthen resilience to shocks and stresses that arise from climate variability and climate change.
- Agricultural production and markets
- Livelihood diversification and
- Financial inclusion.
Grants ranging between US$15,000 to US$ 250,000 are now available under this call to support the development of innovative approaches, Research and technologies that will strengthen resilience to adverse climate effects arising from climate variability and climate change within the East African region.
Focus: To strengthen resilience of target communities by building their agency to improve production, to take more control of the agricultural value chain, and to diversify to pro table enterprises, in ways that are environmentally sustainable.
The Eastern Africa Resilience Innovation Lab identifies and will fund projects in two-priority intervention pathways for resilience building around climate variability/climate change related shocks and stresses.
Intervention Pathway 1: Zukusa! Disrupt agricultural practices and markets for resilience
- To transform rural agricultural practices so as to increase efficiency of production and post harvest handling of produce, in ways that are green and sustainable.
- To disrupt and re-organize agricultural market dynamics in ways that eliminate farmer-to-buyer power asymmetries so that the farmer is in more control of produce prices.
Pathway 2: I CAN – Empower me to thrive!
- To create new defaults for farmer livelihood diversification to farm and non – farm businesses that synergize each other and break the cycle of dependence on one trade.
- To increase financial inclusion for rural folk in marginal communities through newer, robust models and currencies for saving, access to credit, and risk transfer
The deadline for the Application process is 22nd Sept 2014.
In case of any inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.
Download the poster: RAN RIC4ACE Grants Call Poster for web.
Download the Grant Structure and Guidelines: RIC4ACE-ROUND-1-CALL-Sept 2014.
Please feel free to join the 2nd Webinar for the RIC4ACE Grants call which will be held on Tuesday,9th September at 3:00pm (EAT) to answer any FAQs on the challenge
Follow the link below to register:
Registration URL: attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8787777776614203393
Webinar ID: 128-661-259
Deborah Naatujuna Nkwanga
RAN Secretariat – Innovation